windows mail - Two problems

sheila.weston 03 Mar 09
  BurrWalnut 03 Mar 09

1. WM > Tools > Options > Advanced Tab > Maintenance and put a tick in ‘Empty messages………..’.

2. WM > Create Mail > start typing the name and select from a drop down list.

3. Windows Mail auto-completion doesn't use the Contacts list (address book). Instead, it uses a separate list of the last 29 addresses you sent messages to. That list is stored in the registry and is not easy to understand or edit. Names can be partially recognized by right-clicking the identifier (a-z, etc.) then clicking Modify. They are stored in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Recently Used Addresses.

peter99co 03 Mar 09

I click Create Mail the I click TO which offers all my contacts. I click the one I want and click on TO CC or BCC and the OK.

sheila.weston 04 Mar 09
  march 05 Mar 09

shelia theres lots of info here for you

click here

dont know about stopping the repeat in brackets but if you go to

tools, options, send tab, & you uncheck 'automatically complete e-mail addresses when composing' click apply,ok

then you can manually type in the 'to box' the contact & address without it repeating,

march

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message