Windows Mail - So Slow!

Pine Man 11:03 15 Aug 07

I know a lot has been written about this and I have tried all of the 'supposed' cures without much joy.

Reading a different thread prompted me to think about using Outlook instead of Windows Mail and I wondered if anybody has done a comparison?

jtt 13:06 15 Aug 07

If you already have Outlook (eg as part of Microsoft Office) then it's worth a try. I've found the Outook tends to slow down as the number of emails you have kept increases, so it might not be that fast. Outlook doesn't seem as fast to me as Outlook Express.

Another think to be aware of with Outlook is that if you purchase it, you may need to buy a new version every several years. For instance, Outlook 98 is no longer updated by Microsoft, and I've read that some of its features are consequently not very secure. With Windows Mail, you get it for free when you get a new version of Windows, so there's no extra cost on top of the cost of buying Windows.

I know the problem though - I also find Windows Mail very slow, but it's not a problem to me since I always leave it open and hibernate the computer rather than shut it down.

Jimmy14 15:02 15 Aug 07

I have stopped using Windows Mail as it is so buggy. It kept crashing on me when I had plenty of emails in it e.g 200 or more. I have started using Outlook in my Office 2007 package and it is excellent. I hope Microsoft fix Windows Mail in the coming months or in the SP1.

Pine Man 16:30 15 Aug 07

I have got Office 2007 so I will install Outlook and give it a bash!

jarvis10@btinternet.com 18:08 15 Aug 07

sorry to hijack, but how do you stop using it? it's driving me nuts!

Jimmy14 18:13 15 Aug 07

Do you mean stop using Windows Mail? Have you got something else to use like Outlook 2007 or there are free alternatives such as Thunderbird?

jarvis10@btinternet.com 18:18 15 Aug 07

no, sorry i have a thread click here i have now entered my details as it wasnt set up before and am getting bombarded with' last session has crashed messages' i never set it up and was using the yahoo home page to read/ send any email. am having to use firefox atm. it wont go away!
pine man sorry for the hijack.

Jimmy14 18:25 15 Aug 07

I have responded in your new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced