windows mail problem

ajs160n 19:19 PM 15 Jan 12

When I open windows mail the log on box opens asking for username and password which I duly oblige and then get the box telling me that the ones given are wrong along with this-- Account: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92. I have even opened another account with new passwords etc and the same still happens thanks

difarn 21:42 PM 15 Jan 12

Did you go onto the log in page and click on "can't access your account", then click on the option that says you know your password but can't log on? You then get the option to change the password.

It is probably something to do with your ISP not working properly and it may well be that you will have to wait until they correct the problem.

When you type in your user name try putting it in without the @.

It could also be something to do with your anti-virus.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites