Windows Mail - Outlook 2003 won't send..

total_pc 13:48 26 Jul 07

Have a shiny new Dell with Vista Business installed. Internet works fine but both Windows mail and Outlook 2003 have issues. All account settings are correct and a 'test account settings' in Outlook passes except for 'send test mail'. Both receive mail ok but will not send. Created a friends account which we know works on his xp machine and that wont send either. Read that McAffee may be the issue so have uninstalled completely and replaced with AVG free but the fault persists. I am fairly computer literate, at least with xp, but cannot understand what is causing this. Any help or a push in the right direction appreciated..

gtscot 16:09 26 Jul 07

I have just had the exact same problem today
I contacted BT my provider who changed the outgoing server number and this did the trick
Dont know who your service provider is but give them a call they may be able to help.
I just let Office do the settings for me and thats when the problem started

Hope this helps

total_pc 16:36 26 Jul 07

funnily enough im with bt too.. Read somewhere about changing the port number.. will try that and post back. was it 587?

gtscot 17:59 26 Jul 07

Yes
Incoming 110
outgoing 587

total_pc 09:52 29 Jul 07

Sorry for delay.. That worked! Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…