Windows Mail and Outlook 2003

J B 10:39 19 May 07

I would like to use Outlook 2003 on Vista and tried it the other day but had to do all the email settings manually which wasn't a problem. Then came the ability to import all email's and contacts and I ran into a brick wall. Can anyone tell me how this is done or do I have to do it manually? Appreciate any help that is offered. J.B.

rawprawn 20:06 19 May 07

I am using Outlook (2007)and I want to import all my Data from Outlook to Windows Mail as a backup. Like you I can't find a way. I will watch with interest.

rawprawn 20:19 19 May 07

I have just done it, I clicked File/Import and this time it showed Outlook as an option. No problem, I don't know why it wouldn't do it before. (I have to say the Graphics were strange very big)

J B 20:28 19 May 07

That doesn't help me I'm sorry to say as I want to go the other way, from windows mail to Outlook 2003. Iforgot to say that I will do a clean install of Outlook if I can find a way to import Messages and contacts. If there ian't a way to do it then I guess I will have to do it manually. J.B.

J B 17:54 22 May 07

I will tick this as resolved and continue to search. If I come up with something I will let you all know. J.B.

Kate B 18:31 22 May 07

Slightly long-winded, but you could try exporting your contacts as a .csv file and then importing it to Outlook. Not sure if you can do it with Mail - Outlook saves email as a .pst file. If Mail uses the same file format it shouldn't be a problem - just backup your email file to a .pst file somewhere you can find it easily (like the desktop) and then import into Mail.

zlatan24 13:09 06 Jun 07

<a href="click here">loko champion</a>

J B 13:40 08 Jun 07

I decided to upgrade to Office 2007 so problem solved. J.B.

amoretto 23:58 09 Jun 07

Hi, I have recently received Vista instalation. There was an option just to update on windows XP or start a clean instalation. Since I had no enough space on partition where there is already xp I decided to go with clean instalation over xp. Vista was installed and windows xp was put to folder windows.old. Problem is that I forgot to backup my mails and contacts from Outlook express and now new "Windows mail" is empty and I can't find way to import my old mails and contacts. Please help. Thanks

J B 16:39 10 Jun 07

I am not sure this will help but give it a try click here Fro ho it reas you sould b able to retrieve your email from the file. J.B.

J B 16:42 10 Jun 07

Sorry about the spelling, from how it reads you should be able to retrieve your email from the file. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now