Windows Mail - no "Send" button

Pineman100 18:29 19 Feb 08

My wife's laptop runs Vista Home Premium. She uses Windows Mail as her email client.

If she composes an email in the normal way - that is, by opening Windows Mail and then clicking on the Create Mail button, then an email window opens perfectly normally.

But if I send her someone's email address within an email, and she clicks on the address within my email, the Create Mail Window opens - but it has no "Send" button!

Has anyone else come across this weird problem? Better still, have you found out how to cure it?

Sea Urchin 19:11 19 Feb 08

If you go to start, Default programs and make Vista Mail your default mail client your problem should be solved.

anskyber 19:14 19 Feb 08

In start and default programs has your wife got Windows Mail as her default program?

anskyber 19:15 19 Feb 08

I'm too slow tonight.

Sea Urchin 19:16 19 Feb 08

Yes, sorry - meant to say Windows Mail!!!

Pineman100 08:50 20 Feb 08

I checked the program defaults, and Windows Mail was only default for one choice out of three. The other two still showed Outlook (a legacy from my early abortive attempt to run Outlook 2000 under Vista).

I've now ticked all defaults for Windows Mail - and it worked! The Send button is restored!

Many thanks to you both. I'm very grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…