Windows mail keeps asking for username and passwor

Daisy22 19:11 PM 27 Feb 10

This has recently started to happen, I can't understand why as I've made no changes to my system.

However, when I put the username and password in, it doesn't seem to register and just keeps popping back up.

It is really annoying, any ideas how I sort this out please?

tullie 20:13 PM 28 Feb 10

Have you ticked the little box?

Daisy22 20:36 PM 28 Feb 10

Yes have done that, several times

ventanas 22:06 PM 28 Feb 10
  Woolwell 14:38 PM 04 Mar 10

Has this been sorted?
This sort of problem is in my experience caused not by you or any of your system settings but a problem with the server that provides your e-mail. It may be that the server is down temporarily. When I get this I first check if the webmail of the account is working. If not I am then sure it is at their end.
It can be very frustrating.

conrail 12:11 PM 16 Mar 10

Hi Daisy22, I have had this problem occur a couple of times, I delete the email address in question, restart and enter it again and the problem seems to clear, hope that helps

kristain 08:03 AM 24 Mar 10

I am also having the same problem. I keep getting this message: “Logon to, Please verifies that both the username and password are correct for your mail server”. I have entered my username and password, but it is not letting me access my account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know