Windows Live Messenger Problem Installing

Demora 22:37 13 Nov 07

I have been trying all night to download and install 'Windows Live Messenger' onto my daughters vista Laptop. It gets to 99% and stays there. I can't close without losing it or getting to 100% not sure whats going on here at all. Live messenger is something I've never used.

I've looked around the internet for solutions but most of the info I found was people not being able to get logged in not with the install

The OS Is win vista home premium on a packard bell m35 core2 duo

Anything to help her chat to her friends
TIA

D

Nuneatonian 10:18 17 Nov 07

Hi there
I am having the same problem. Vista, Packard Bell computer. I wanted to download the earlier 7.5 version not the live one, else it would take me 4 hours to download it. I have used 7.5 on my last computer. It gets to 99% and then it seems to get no further. Waited about 1/2 hour to see no good.

Nuneatonian

Demora 10:28 17 Nov 07

Hi Nuneatonian.

Well my daughter fixed it.(typical Blonde logic here...Her Idea of a car repair kit is mobile and nailfile.

She went upstairs in a sulk, turned her laptop on and gave it another go. The only thing I can think of is that

a She was near to the router &
b The website she was downloading was perhaps busy.

She's now in Orlando(cabin Crew) and was able to chat last night from her hotel wifi.

I'm not going to mark this as resolved as yet because there might be a different explanation and solution.

D

dolchloe 22:22 21 Nov 07

I to cannot downoad live messenger, all i get is help is needed but when i try to access the link all i get is unable to connect. Any ideas out there, my kidds are desperate to be able to chat to thier mates

Demora 14:13 25 Nov 07

All I can think of is that the web was on a go slow. I downloaded 'Live Messenger' from the same room the other night and set up was no problem.

D

Nuneatonian 15:54 10 Dec 07

Hi there
Regarding the messenger I sent an email to msn to tell of my problem and there seemed to be a problem. Told me to check on my updates. They then gave me pages of instructions to do, going into loads of folders opening them getting no.s and codes, closing them. And then sending them to them. I am not that technical. It was really involved and used computerology, and was completely beyond me. They apologised for all the instructions but it too complicated for me.
So it means I cannot put messenger in. Didn't have trouble with my old computer.
Nuneatonian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…