Windows Install from USB - ISO file

lagavulin1 15:05 PM 16 Jul 12

I am going to reinstall Win 7 Ultimate from a USB. I have been following your guide but i wanted to ask - I have downloaded my ISO file from Heidos. Its showing as an archive. I think this is normal? To be sure I DON'T need to extract this do I? It will be automatically done by the USB creation and /or install process ? My original disc is German, I want to go straight to English and have never used a procedure like this hence the basic question.

regards Paul

lotvic 16:03 PM 16 Jul 12

This guide? http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3352054/how-install-windows-7-with-usb-flash-drive/

An iso is an image. Just burn the image to the usb as per the instructions.

(No extraction for an iso is involved, that is for compressed, zipped files)

lotvic 16:06 PM 16 Jul 12

You may want to read ClickHere for tips/info on when you start the install from the usb.

lagavulin1 17:28 PM 16 Jul 12

Thanks. Getting this right saves me loading the Sony recovery partition and then the ultimate upgrade in German before adding the UK language pack!!!!!!

lotvic 18:26 PM 16 Jul 12

You may need these instructions then :) you have to install W7 without a key first, then start the proper install.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites