windows install

Teaboy 17:15 PM 21 Oct 09

My copy of Win 7 is winging its way to me from Amazon. I had intended installing it on top and over Vista ultimate, already on my machine. I am now having second thoughts. would a clean install be better, wiping out Vista first then installing W7 on a clean machine?

How does one wipe the system?

Many thanks for help.

sunnystaines 17:28 PM 21 Oct 09

boot from disc early on it will give you the option of a clean install and format C dive make sure you follow custom install option when asked.

[remember to backup personal files]

Teaboy 17:33 PM 21 Oct 09

Sir you are a Gent! Many thanks.

betaman 12:20 PM 22 Oct 09

i had too many glitches with an upgrade install on Monday - did clean install on Tuesday, no problems.

anskyber 12:27 PM 22 Oct 09

This simple guide is helpful particularly on the wiping of the existing hard here

Teaboy 16:49 PM 22 Oct 09

I thank you gents. I was seriously thinking of an upgrade, it would be the simplist method, but in view of betaman's post I shall rethink,and try to nerve myself to doa clean job.

Mr anskyber- you link is of great value. I shall follow it closely. Much appreciated.

anskyber 18:14 PM 22 Oct 09

Interesting. I did a clean install in some 25 mins but it did not give me a ballot screen for my browser, it just installed IE8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…