windows install

Teaboy 17:15 21 Oct 09

My copy of Win 7 is winging its way to me from Amazon. I had intended installing it on top and over Vista ultimate, already on my machine. I am now having second thoughts. would a clean install be better, wiping out Vista first then installing W7 on a clean machine?

How does one wipe the system?

Many thanks for help.

sunnystaines 17:28 21 Oct 09

boot from disc early on it will give you the option of a clean install and format C dive make sure you follow custom install option when asked.

[remember to backup personal files]

Teaboy 17:33 21 Oct 09

Sir you are a Gent! Many thanks.

betaman 12:20 22 Oct 09

i had too many glitches with an upgrade install on Monday - did clean install on Tuesday, no problems.

anskyber 12:27 22 Oct 09

This simple guide is helpful particularly on the wiping of the existing hard here

Teaboy 16:49 22 Oct 09

I thank you gents. I was seriously thinking of an upgrade, it would be the simplist method, but in view of betaman's post I shall rethink,and try to nerve myself to doa clean job.

Mr anskyber- you link is of great value. I shall follow it closely. Much appreciated.

anskyber 18:14 22 Oct 09

Interesting. I did a clean install in some 25 mins but it did not give me a ballot screen for my browser, it just installed IE8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…