Windows gallery

junef 11:06 AM 14 Feb 13

I used to import and tag all my photos (7000 in total) and they appeared beautifully tagged and catalogued in windows Gallery (Windows Vista). All this seems to have gone and sorting by tag in file view only sorts in folders not in total. Also I used Windows picture manager which opened in Windows gallery to crop and alter brightness/contrast. This also appears to have gone! I can import picture to WORD and manipulate them there beautifully, but when I save as jpeg file it does not save any cropping that I have done. Help! Have I got to buy Photoshop application?

mgmcc 11:28 AM 14 Feb 13

If you want a good free program that provides all sorts of photo manipulation including cropping, brightness, sharpness, framing, adding text etc, have a look at Photoscape. Another very useful program for dealing with images is IrfanView

junef 11:43 AM 21 Mar 13

Just for anyone who refers back to this posting. PhotoScape is absolutely brilliant!!! Thanks mgmcc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…