Windows Easy Transfer Issue

Stuffer27 10:35 AM 04 Nov 09

Successfully installed Windows 7 last night on my XP PC. Saved all my files to my USB memory stick (c 2.4gb) via Easy Transfer.

Came to put the stuff back on the new Win 7 but when I launch Easy Transfer on Windows 7 it's telling me that it can't connect to the files!

Any ideas how to get around this?

Pine Man 10:44 AM 04 Nov 09

I haven't used Easy Transfer but can you drag and drop the files from your memory stick?

Stuffer27 10:54 AM 04 Nov 09

Not sure as the info is password protected...where would I drag & drop the info to..sorry not particularly pc literate! Was impressed that I'd managed a full install without any issues then this happens!!!

Pine Man 14:44 PM 04 Nov 09

Having not used the system it is difficult to advise but on the basis that you can access all that you have saved by using the password some or all of it, like copies of documents, for instance, could be dragged from the stick and dropped into the folder where you intend to store them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…