Windows Defender

DAnthony 22:01 24 Oct 08

Platform: Vista Ultimate SP1 regularly updated.

Of late, I have a Windows Security Alert in the task bar informing me that Windows Defender is out of date, and, the Windows Defender icon has an exclamation mark on it. When I check for updates, I am informed that there are no new definitions or updates available.

I have restored the machine to an earlier restore point, still no good. This is more of an annoyance fator and I would like to know how to fix it.

Many thanks in advance

rawprawn 07:55 30 Oct 08

Look in "Update History" have the updates been successfully installed, if not check for error codes.

DAnthony 10:39 30 Oct 08

Thanks prawny - all updates have been sucessfully installed - no errors. Thanks

sunnystaines 11:50 30 Oct 08

try disable in services, re start pc, then set back on auto see if if corrects itself.

DAnthony 23:07 30 Oct 08

Still no good prawny. But something else has happened now, I have lost my validation and I am pretty mad with Microsoft. I am now told that I have to reactivate by buying a new key or to contact ASUS. My Asus F3SV came installed with Ultimate and I have been diligent with all updates and installed SP1. Before I reinstall Ultimate (a bloody pain in the butt), do you have a suggestion or two? Many thanks

rdave13 00:12 31 Oct 08

Check firewall settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced