Windows Calendar

brundle 00:05 26 Apr 07

Has anyone used this and got a `Windows Calendar has stopped working` message at every subsequent reboot? There are posts about it at various forums, the suggestions don't solve the problem. Looks like I'll go back to Rainlendar until there's an answer.

Impressed with Vista so far (looks better, easier to find things, useful additions like the Snipping tool) but too many random crashes/lockups and programs sometimes refusing to work (brand new Toshiba laptop)....

i had the same problems with the calendar and pretty much everything else.
i think its a case of give it time, surely there must be big plans for it, i simply cant believe it sucks the life out of all the resources for the aero novelty, i couldnt find one program to work without crashes, you can click control panel and problems and there are loads, only solitions i ever had were 'known incompatibility problems' well the upgrade advisor never mentioned any!
I think when programs are written for vista they may actually work quite well. blizzard (world of warcraft) have just had it tested, better late than never! and found there 800 mtz 512 mg ram 32 mb gpu program to struggle to get 39 fraps and averaging 19 all this with 100$ cpu usage and crashes on a pretty high spec machine.
i use xp again now, but before i bought vista home premium i used the upgrade advisor which told me i had 2 problems, nvidia network driver (which worked fine) and norton ghost. after an upgrade installation and secondly a clean install, i found that a nearly full 160gb hdd didnt have a program that fully worked at all.
now if the upgrade advisor had told me i would be playing chess titans and hearts till someone wrote something that worked on it, i probably wouldnt have wasted my time and money, i am however very curious to see why it needs so much resources, i think maybe it has something up it's sleeve, we shall have to wait and see.

bugbyte 15:59 26 Apr 07

Microsoft have a fix for this bug but you have to phone them goto the vista home page at microsoft.co.uk support and enter the error message and it should give you the details about the fix KB93342 is the ref at microsoft

Mike Mawson

bugbyte 16:20 26 Apr 07

KB 933942 is the Article Ref at Microsoft for the Calendar fix

anskyber 16:22 26 Apr 07

Hotfix click here

brundle 11:30 27 Apr 07

Thanks, I'll try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…