Windows Boot Manager in vista problem

Audio~~Chip 13:17 PM 15 Jun 10

When starting my Laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit it stops on the Windows Boot Manager screen and asks me to choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a Tool. The options are Microsoft Windows Vista, Advanced options F8 & Tools Windows memory Diagnostic.

Only way to get into windows Vista on boot is to select By entering on the Windows Vista option. is there any way to solver this. I have found a lot of conflicting suggestions on google search but prefer someone in the know in the PCA Forum to help me if possible.

Thanks for reading

Audio~~Chip 22:55 PM 15 Jun 10

Can any forum user assist please

Woolwell 12:59 PM 16 Jun 10

Suggest you post this in Helproom. The Vista forum is not used much nowadays.

zarobian 05:34 AM 21 Jun 10

In the search box type'system' without quots.
In the program section click on 'system'.This will open system window. From the left pane select 'Advanced system settings'.System properties window will open.From start up and recovery section click on settings tab and untick the box saying 'time to disply operating system and select apply and then OK. Restart your computer.Hopefully this will solve your problem.
Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know