WINDOWS back up cannot complete - so it doesn't back up at all!

Sue.ash 17:38 22 Jul 13

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. When I run Windows back-up I get a message advising me to check it. I find that it did not complete because it could not find 3 files (always the same ones) with the error code 0x80070002. It seems that this is preventing it from backing up anything at all, which is rather disconcerting. Please can you help?

Nontek 18:46 22 Jul 13

Try running chkdsk, this should find and repair damaged files.

click here

Graphicool1 15:51 24 Jul 13

Sue.ash

Here y'go...this is what Microsoft say's...CLICK HERE

Sue.ash 12:29 29 Jul 13

Thanks, I've managed to do this now. All 3 of the files that Back up couldn't find were Administrator ones. One of these I copied to a different drive and folder and I could find no trace of either of the other two.

Assuming that if they don't exist they can't be vital, I simply reset the back up to ignore the administrator files and it performed perfectly!

BallyIrish7 09:06 30 Jul 13

I use Windows 7 Pro. From the beginning the Backup and Restore/Backup facility has not worked. Everything has been tried, even a repair non-destructive re- install.

Our local Geek had my PC for two weeks and was unable to fix the problem. He found a way to use the Backup through Command Prompt. We found dozens of Forums, including Microsoft USA's Forum, packed with users looking for a Backup fix - none of those suggested by either the community or the Microsoft Supervisors worked.

We paid for our Windows 7 OS's (ZAR2700.00 in my case) and we really expect Microsoft to rework the entire Backup and Restore facility and give us one that works!

Come on Microsoft, you well know that Windows 7, otherwise a super OS which is a gem in every other respect, bar a few niggling issues, has a cruddy Backup and Restore facility.

Please fix it for us faithful Windows users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…