windows 8.1 directx 11.1 vs cpu core unpark..

hdbjhn 17:08 10 Dec 13

Well,my queastion a bit different.I know windows 8/8.1 have better cpu management or people call it cpu core "unparking".At the same time it does also have support for directx 11.1/11.2.My doubt is whether the windows 8 ability to unpark cpu cores(better average fps on games) is by itself or it's is like a feature of directx 11.1(i heard directx 11.1 does not only bring graphic optimisation but also cpu optimisation=which i think would be windows 8' ability to unpark cpu core.So,pls help ladies or gentlemens.

My plan is to stick with windows 7 until windows 8 get completely stable as for windows 7 more than sufficient nor i need the features of windows 8/(note:i have tried windows 8).Microsoft recently announced that windows 7'll receives platform update(not service packs) which contains selective directx 11.1 features.Well,now i assume it is same/accordance to nvidia's gpu only supporting partial dx11.1 features.I hope this selective/partial directx 11.1 features contains those cpu optimisations((i think most of important bits for dx 11.1 gaming would be made available(that's the logic)+if cpu unparking is under dx's functionalitty,that should be made abailable as well.

chub_tor 16:54 12 Dec 13

I think that you will get a better response to this question in a games forum but here are some Google results

hdbjhn 19:27 13 Dec 13

thnks for ur effort...i'll try nmy luck there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…