Windows 8 Start Menu

Sparkly 08:30 AM 12 Oct 13

Hi all i have had a look around the M/Soft website for W8 to see if the update or app for the Start Menu that was to be released, all i could find was a download for W 8.1 (Beta)an iso. Will this mean that it would have to be a compleate upgrade or will there be a release for just the Start Menu? Im useing W8 Pro. Thanks in advance.

Secret-Squirrel 09:34 AM 12 Oct 13

Microsoft aren't releasing a Start menu. The upcoming Windows 8.1 upgrade will add a familiar-looking Start button bottom-left of the Desktop but clicking it will just take you to the existing Start Screen.

Sparkly 10:28 AM 12 Oct 13

Hi Secret-Squirrel thanks for making that a bit more clear, i think i will download Clasic Shell and make it a bit more user friendly. Thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 11:04 AM 12 Oct 13

I've installed Classic Shell on a few computers recently and the users have been very happy with it.

Mark_Hayward 18:14 PM 15 Oct 13

Can anyone explain why we all have to install such programs as Classic Shell to make W8 usable and does anyone know if W8.1 will fix any of the other W8 issues we are currently working around in a similar way ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11