Windows 8 reboot after Flatout 2 install

AJDux 29 Oct 13

hey guys. Ok so I have a little knowledge but im no techy. Installed Flatout 2 on my laptop, AMD A8, 6GB ram running win 8. The game installs and at the end it asks to install protection drivers and then restart. Trouble is, when I restart windows 8 wont boot, the laptop trys auto repair which doesnt work, I have to do a total reboot. This happened twice exactly the same each time. From memory the fault code was to do with system 32. I tried the same copy of the game on my desktop (running XP) and it was fine. So tried another copy of the game in my laptop, all ok, until I try to patch it (idea was to play game at LAN party so needs same patch) and then again it asks to install protection drivers.

Any ideas? I really dont understand what these protection drivers even are?

Thanks

AJDux 29 Oct 13

Thanks for your reply. At least its a known problem then. How would I go about purchasing a new set of protection drivers???

Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message