Windows 8 reboot after Flatout 2 install

AJDux 14:14 PM 29 Oct 13

hey guys. Ok so I have a little knowledge but im no techy. Installed Flatout 2 on my laptop, AMD A8, 6GB ram running win 8. The game installs and at the end it asks to install protection drivers and then restart. Trouble is, when I restart windows 8 wont boot, the laptop trys auto repair which doesnt work, I have to do a total reboot. This happened twice exactly the same each time. From memory the fault code was to do with system 32. I tried the same copy of the game on my desktop (running XP) and it was fine. So tried another copy of the game in my laptop, all ok, until I try to patch it (idea was to play game at LAN party so needs same patch) and then again it asks to install protection drivers.

Any ideas? I really dont understand what these protection drivers even are?

AJDux 16:42 PM 29 Oct 13

Thanks for your reply. At least its a known problem then. How would I go about purchasing a new set of protection drivers???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off