windows 8 problems after upgrade

Eddie 2425 04 Nov 12

bought my win8 upgrade disc from pc world today and off I went . I have 2 problems, the first is I keep getting told I need net framework 3.5 (includes net 2.0 and 3.0, tried to down load even went to microsofts net frame work 3.5 service pack 1 keeps saying unable to connect to internet, yet I am the net ? problem 2 I now don't have a touch screen any more ?

Forum Editor 05 Nov 12

The .NET Framework 4.5 is included with Windows 8 and installed on your computer with the operating system. However, the .NET Framework 3.5 is not automatically installed with Windows 8.

To run applications that require the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, you must enable version 3.5 on your computer. You can do this via the Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose 'Programs and Features', then choose 'Turn Windows features on or off', and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box.

Eddie 2425 05 Nov 12

hi all many thanks for the replies, my first problem is solved , what I did was to reinstall win8 but this time I did a complete upgrade by clicking "none" to files and programs, this has solved the first issue. Forum editor I had already tried going into windows features, and selecting net framework but it would not save and kept going back to the 4.5 framework. Will now try and download drivers for touch screen many thanks for your help Eddie

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message