windows 8 pickled!

pieman-sam 19:51 04 Jan 14

In 2012 I purchased a new laptop with windows7,the purchase date allowed me to the free upgrade to Window 8 pro. Getting used to it took sometime. Over the weeks and months it started to develop error on top of error. It has reached the point whereby I feel the best thing to do is erase it and start again. I am by no means a computer whizz-kid, just sad old silver surfer. Could somebody take me through the process of uninstall / reinstall so I may continue the Windows 8 and progress to 8.1. I also on upgrade, purchased through Microsoft a disc copy of Windows 8 in 32 and 64 bit version. thanks.

rdave13 20:07 04 Jan 14

First thing is do you have the Windows key for your Win 8 upgrade? If so then go to right corner, settings, change pc settings, update and recovery, recovery, then either a refresh or remove everything and reinstall windows. I've not used the method but that is the path for recovery.

Make sure you back up all your documents etc first.

rdave13 20:09 04 Jan 14

PS it is important that it is the win 8 key you use not the win 7 key. If it fails then you might have to install Win 7 first then use the upgrade DVD again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…