Windows 8 and Office starter 2010 - Need help

shashank_green 10:55 18 Sep 13

I bought a Sony VAIO laptop, SVE14113EN model, with Windows 7 and Office Starter 2010 preloaded in it. I have upgraded to Windows 8 around 6 months back and I was able to use Office Starter after that. Last week when I have Reset (Remove everything and reinstall Windows) my Windows 8, I found that Office Starter was missing.

Microsoft website says "All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. Any apps the came with your PC will be reinstalled, but all other apps will be removed" if I reset. As per the above statement Windows should have installed Office Starter since it was an app given by OEM.

Now is there any way by which I can get Office Starter re-installed in my laptop ? Please help me.

jaywoo 18:50 18 Sep 13

Sounds as though you need to do a factory reset to Windows 7 to get the bundled software back, then upgrade to Windows 8.

See this - click here

shashank_green 08:37 19 Sep 13

@jaywoo : Does that mean that I will have to buy Windows 8 again after I do the factory reset or in other words, does Microsoft allow multiple downloads of Windows 8 per purchase ?

jaywoo 00:06 20 Sep 13

Did you burn a Windows 8 ISO when you purchased it - I am assuming you got it online? If you have your product key you can install as many times as you like, with the correct disc.

If you didn't burn a disc you might still find a folder called ESD on your C:/ drive - inside the ESD folder is another folder called Windows, and in there is the entire contents of a Windows 8 install disc. Burn that lot to a DVD. Re-install Windows 7, do any necessary updates then insert your burned DVD and run the setup.exe to upgrade to Windows 8.

jaywoo 00:07 20 Sep 13

Or you could try this;

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…