windows 8 keeps shutting down

dan mcphail 26 Apr 13

i have just installed win 8,it keeps shutting down due to a problem,then restarts by it self,thinking of going back to win y,can anyone help please

aquatarkus 26 Apr 13

a bit more info would be helpful Specs of PC, i.e. motherboard, cpu, memory etc. Is this a clean install of Win 8 or an upgrade, if an upgrade what version of windows have you upgraded from.

How long does it stay on before it restarts?

Regards Aquatarkus

dan mcphail 27 Apr 13

to Aquatarkus memory 3.00 gb processor AMD E-350 windows pro 64 bit ,ugrade from windows7takes about 3 min to restart,any ideas ? thanks in advance

aquatarkus 28 Apr 13

Did you run the Windows upgrade advisor to see if any of you programs were incompatible?

I would carry out a refresh of the installation, put the DVD in to drive, make sure you can boot from the drive and then follow the on screen prompts.

Upgrade installs can be a pain and I always recommend a clean install if at all possible, back up your important documents photos etc and then carry out a clean install.

A list of programs and antivirus / security programs that were on the Win 7 installation would be handy as it could be one of these that is causing the problem.

How old is the PC, have you checked that the CPU fan is not covered / blocked with dust, also have you checked that the CPU fan and thermal paste is correctly installed?

Regards Aquatarkus

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message