windows 8 internet trouble and media disconnected?

ashleigh9536 12:05 28 Sep 14

Hi, soooo my question was that my computer is letting me connect to wifi but the internets not actually working the when i go onto my settings to try and fix it, it is telling me The remote device or resource wont accept the connection and then i was following this procidure click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then open/expand Network 

adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm. Then restart the computer.

Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type:

netsh winsock reset , and press Enter.

ipconfig /release , and press Enter.

ipconfig /flushdns , and press Enter.

netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt , and press Enter.

Then restart the computer and check.

HOWEVER when i got to the stage where i typed in ipconfig /release my laptop told me no operation can be performed on local area connection 9/ethernet/ wifi while it has its media disconnected. So i dont really know what to do now? Any help would be appiciated? 

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:31 28 Sep 14

unplug the power to the router wait 10 seconds then power up again

wait until the lights staedy on the router and all lights appear normal then rery to connect to the internet.

ashleigh9536 17:36 29 Sep 14

Thank you however this did not work, anymore suggestions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 29 Sep 14

HAve you lookd in device manager to see if all the netwprk drivers have reinstalled and are not showing any red or yellow marks against then?

ashleigh9536 15:59 30 Sep 14

Do you mean network adapters as i cant find network drivers and theres two broadcom netlink and a wireless network adapter under it and it says there both working properly. :/

Techpumpkin_WD 15:56 01 Oct 14

Hello there,

I'll be happy to try an help, but I'll need some more information, otherwise any suggestion would be a shot in the dark :) Could it be that you are connecting this laptop to this network for the first time? Does the problem occur only on a certain wireless network or with any you try to connect to? When exactly do you get this message when you try to connect to the wireless or when you try to browse?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…