Windows 8 and the gaming community

Flak999 12:48 PM 31 Oct 12

One of the main reasons I have not and probably will not upgrade from Win 7 to 8 is the gaming support (or lack of it) I have not seen much written on here with regard to gaming and how games perform under Win 8, and as I am an avid flight sim fan (FSX, Cliffs of Dover) with a lot of third party scenery, weather and aircraft add ons I am very wary of risking my lovingly set-up installation.

Does anybody else have any views on the gaming support (or lack of) under Win 8?

I would be very interested in your experiences.

Forum Editor 14:53 PM 31 Oct 12

You could always run the Windows 8 compatibility tool to find out what would happen.

This might help as well

Flak999 15:34 PM 31 Oct 12

Forum Editor

Thanks for those links, the second one is particularly interesting. Searching across the web there does seem to be mixed feelings about legacy gaming support in Win 8. The compatibility tool highlights several items which either need new drivers or it unhelpfully just tells me to contact the software provider for more information.

I think I will hold fire and adopt a wait and see approach to an upgrade until the OS has been out a while and all it's little idiosyncrasies are known.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…