Windows 8 Doesn't shutdown or restart

User1226 11:58 AM 28 Feb 13

For the last one week my windows 8 laptop doesn't shutdown or restart. I tried chkdsk, it says no issues. Tried SFC, But no luck. It just said 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully restored them" - But still No shutdown or restart.

This happens the second time - even after I completely formatted C drive and a fresh install of Win 8.

Any help is highly appreciated.

rdave13 12:24 PM 28 Feb 13

Check in power options and on the left " Choose what the power button does", that shut down is selected.

User1226 05:34 AM 01 Mar 13

I did so. It didn't solve. :-(

Secret-Squirrel 09:46 AM 01 Mar 13

"........For the last one week......"

Because the problem's so recent, and because so many things could cause this issue, a Windows "System Restore" would be the first thing I'd try - have a look here for full instructions. Don't worry about losing e-mails, photos or other personal files as they won't be affected.

rdave13 09:47 AM 01 Mar 13

In power options, system settings check if you have fast startup box checked. Try unticking the box and save.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…