Windows 8 dead end? Need help.

cypher000 21:16 14 Nov 13

Hi Guys. Left post a few hours ago and it has disappeared. Very strange. Anyway I was given a Lenovo G580 which I cannot rig up to the internet. Do not want to rig it up to the internet. I have no software on it that is of any interest to me. But I desperately need to download a small writing program and at least one game, if there are any like Jewel or the like? I run a PC with Win XP Pro and wonder if I could connect the Lenovo to the PC with a USB cable? I have one with two identical fittings, maybe this is what they call a crossover cable? I am not sure. Could anyone do me a 'walkthrough' so that I can get this software on the Lenovo? I want to use it in bed as I have cancer and it would be a great comfort to me at bad times. Can anyone help me please? Regards Walt.

rdave13 23:16 14 Nov 13

On your XP machine can you download the game and writing program as compressed (zip) files? Transfer to a flash drive and then take it to the Lenovo to install? Best answer I can think of and the easiest way to transfer a program to a non - internet laptop.

You'll cure it by your positive outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…