Windows 8 ate my programmes

onedeadeye 21 Dec 12

Why does windows 8 make my desktop progs disappear? So far I have lost, and had to re install....Windows Office, One Note, Norton 360, Google Earth and an Astronomy programme I can't find. The Mail 8 prog is quick but basic, too basic. Most of the 'free' apps are littered with adverts and offers of upgrades...at a price. The games in any case are not a patch on the Windows 7 offerings. One Note for example is just a cheapened version of the real thing! The whole thing looks like a tablet programme that some bright spark has said of...."Hey guys, we can save a s*** of money if we run this on all machines! Ha!!!

Forum Editor 22 Dec 12

"So far I have lost, and had to re install....Windows Office, One Note, Norton 360, Google Earth and an Astronomy programme I can't find."

The Windows 8 installer will certainly not remove Microsoft Office,or Google earth,or Norton 360 - I can't comment about the astronomy software. I can't understand why you had to reinstall any of the three I mentioned.

If you have a Microsoft Office installation you will have Outlook for email - you don't need to use Windows mail.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message