Windows 8 ate my programmes

onedeadeye 15:08 PM 21 Dec 12

Why does windows 8 make my desktop progs disappear? So far I have lost, and had to re install....Windows Office, One Note, Norton 360, Google Earth and an Astronomy programme I can't find. The Mail 8 prog is quick but basic, too basic. Most of the 'free' apps are littered with adverts and offers of upgrades...at a price. The games in any case are not a patch on the Windows 7 offerings. One Note for example is just a cheapened version of the real thing! The whole thing looks like a tablet programme that some bright spark has said of...."Hey guys, we can save a s*** of money if we run this on all machines! Ha!!!

Forum Editor 00:27 AM 22 Dec 12

"So far I have lost, and had to re install....Windows Office, One Note, Norton 360, Google Earth and an Astronomy programme I can't find."

The Windows 8 installer will certainly not remove Microsoft Office,or Google earth,or Norton 360 - I can't comment about the astronomy software. I can't understand why you had to reinstall any of the three I mentioned.

If you have a Microsoft Office installation you will have Outlook for email - you don't need to use Windows mail.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…