Windows 8

henry2 14:04 PM 03 Nov 10

Hi Guys,
A friend just told me he has windows 8 installed on his pc by someone.I want to know wether there is actually windows 8?
Thats all
Thanx.

BRYNIT 14:11 PM 03 Nov 10
  interzone55 14:20 PM 03 Nov 10

Are you sure they're not thinking of Internet Explorer 8?

Jwbjnwolf 20:19 PM 03 Nov 10

is he wishing windows 7 was windows 8, I want to know what windows 8 is gonna be like but will just have to wait and see.
click here
this will give you info about windows 8 and if windows 7 wasnt a success(had same effect as vista did) they would of brought it out in january this year.

Eargasm 21:19 PM 03 Nov 10

I have seen a couple of second hand computers for sale recently on Gumtree with Windows 8 Xtreme installed on them.
If you google it you will see that it is not an official Microsoft product but basically Windows 7 with a few tweaks. Could this be what he has installed ?

Jwbjnwolf 15:15 PM 04 Nov 10

that is not possible eargasm as win8 isnt gonna be out till late 2012, there are downloads avaible on the internet to make windows look like what windows 8 may look like
example
click here

Jwbjnwolf 15:17 PM 04 Nov 10

sorry, missed the bit about windows 8theme for win7

tigertop2 16:51 PM 03 Nov 11

Windows 8 is available but only as a developer version. Wait until the Beta or the final version comes out later into 2012

Forum Editor 00:43 AM 05 Nov 11

tigertop2 is right.

There is currently a developer preview version of Windows8 available, but it should be stressed that it's not really suitable for the average home user. It's primarily intended as a help for software developers who might be designing Windows8 application versions.

There is likely to be a public beta download available in January/February of next year.

robeyamy 02:44 AM 10 Nov 11

See your post, I think sometimes really hate computer, why has that the more software,

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay