Windows 7E Edition

zarobian 02 Aug 09

According to PCA Microsoft has decided to ditch Windows 7E. Since lot of people have pre ordered the OS including myself, where we stand now,
are we getting full version of Win7 with choice of browsers or we getting oem upgrades for vista. Confusion. Any idea folks?

jakimo 02 Aug 09

Do you have a link?

jakimo 02 Aug 09

Whoops just found it

jakimo 02 Aug 09

looks like a straight forward upgrade from vista,which will save a lot of hassle

Forum Editor 02 Aug 09

from Speakers Corner.

Pine Man 02 Aug 09

merlinx states in click here 'According to CNET those who pre-ordered Windows 7 'E' through a recent discount offer will get the full version, as Microsoft had promised. Microsoft will now be selling Windows 7 upgrade copies and a higher-priced full version (for those without a previous copy of Windows) similar to the rest of the world.'

AL47 02 Aug 09

as i said before, if it isnt full im demanding my money back and sticking with vista

laurie53 02 Aug 09

I hadn't realised that it was Opera, a Norwegian company, who had complained about Microsoft, an American company, to the EU.

Since neither Norway or the US are members of the EU why are the EU getting involved?

There are World Trade Agreement procedures for disputes such as this.

zarobian 02 Aug 09

Thanks for transfering to Windows 7 forum.

zarobian 02 Aug 09

"According to CNET those who pre-ordered Windows 7 'E' through a recent discount offer will get the full version, as Microsoft had promised."

Thanks for the link.Let us hope Microsoft don't take a 'U' turn.

chub_tor 02 Aug 09

This is the CNET link click here;relnews

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message