Windows 7 warning

mike280 10:31 AM 25 May 09

I downloaded Windows 7 and upgraded Vista. My default folders location is on my second drive D. The installation went smoothly enough until I went to my default music folder. All my album folders were there but all the mp3 files had gone from inside, when I checked the same had happen to my photographs in my picture folder. I used the backup I made before installing 7 but to my horror the files were still missing! I was lucky to find the solution this morning. If you go to folder options and tick the box "show hidden files and folders" then go to your second drive,you will find a folder called "$INPLACE~TR" In this folder you should find the files that are missing. I hope this will be of help, and save you time and worry!
HappyMike

Strawballs 23:49 PM 25 May 09

I did a custom install from within XP and all of my data on the second drive was untouched and all of the documents from all users is in a folder called old windows in the C drive infact in XP for some reason my main drive with windows was F and the second hard drive was G and they have remained the same.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites