Windows 7 updates

Old_Nick 17:50 PM 22 Sep 11

hi, I've recently had problems updating windows seven, the automatic updates having stopped. When I have attempted to update I receive a message saying "Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running" and advertising to restart the computer, but this does not solve the problem. I have in services stopped and restarted the service that this to did not solve the problem. In addition with the command prompt being invoked as administrator, I have stopped the service, registered WUPS2.dll successfully and then restarted the service. I did discover when trying to register the DLL that it was not in the Syswow64 folder so I copied the DLL from the sys32 folder, which allowed successful registration. I've simply out of ideas, can anybody help me please.

Old_Nick 08:47 AM 27 Sep 11

Thanks to the people who have looked at this problem, but I have now found a solution. Intel Rapid Storage Technology requires a specific driver if the drive is greater in size than 750gb and it seem possible that I have updated the driver with the wrong version. The correct version can be downloaded from :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product

This also sorts out problems with Windows Defender.

I hope you find this useful

lotvic 18:27 PM 27 Sep 11

Thanks for the update, it may help someone with same problem.

(To green tick as Resolved, just click on the big grey tick on the right and it will turn green)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…