windows 7 ultimate and blu ray

wobbler 14:59 PM 27 Nov 09

My Sony all in one PC played blu ray DVD on Vixta no problem at all. Since upgrading to Windows 7 it will not play Blu Ray but will play standard DVD.s. Is there a workaround for this problem?

sunnystaines 17:46 PM 27 Nov 09

you may need a b/ray driver

wobbler 18:32 PM 27 Nov 09

Ant recomendations?

chelseafan 21:54 PM 22 Feb 10

I've updated my Acer Aspire 6530 notebook and have suffered the same problem. Standard DVD's still play but not Blu-Ray.
I've updated the driver via Device Manager and am told i have the latest driver.

GaT7 14:16 PM 23 Feb 10

I think the reason you're unable to play Blu-Ray discs is because you don't have the necessary 3rd-party codecs/software installed.

In other words, the reason Blu-Rays worked OK in Vista is because the manufacturers pre-installed the necessary codecs/software to do so.

So reinstall these codecs/software & you should be able to play Blu-Ray discs again. Sony/Acer must have supplied these on discs. If not, or they only work with Vista, you'll need to purchase this separately. G

LinH 15:02 PM 23 Feb 10

Windows 7 does not include a Blu-ray codec. Those with Acer machines should install Acer's own player Arcade De Luxe as this does include a codec that will enable you to play Blu-ray discs.

LinH

chelseafan 19:14 PM 25 Feb 10

Thanks for all your replies but i'm still not able to play blu-ray discs. I've have a scout around the internet and it appears a common problem. Most people are suggesting installing Acer Arcade Deluxe. This was installed on the laptop before i upgraded to Windows 7. But can i find it? No !! Any ideas?

wobbler 08:33 AM 26 Feb 10

I solved this program bu buying a copy of PowerDVD off ebay. it only cost me £10 and solved the problem immediately

Technocrate 09:03 AM 26 Feb 10

The amount of users who would use Windows 7 to play Blu-Ray movies can surely be neglected at this point as most hardware Blu-Ray players for personal computers are expensive and not 100% compatible with all Blu-Ray features.

Users who want Blu-Ray playback on their computer systems
can purchase a third party software which will not cost that much more than the projected $30 that universal Blu-Ray support would cost. Everyone else will be happy that they do not have to pay for a feature that they would never use.

For More Information and issues related to windows 7 click here

LinH 12:35 PM 26 Feb 10

chelseafan

You can download Arcade de-luxe from the support section of the Acer website

LinH

chelseafan 18:15 PM 28 Feb 10

Many thanks LinH but I'm not able to locate the Arcade Deluxe software on the (useless) Acer website. I find drivers etc but not the software. If you know of it can you send me a link please.

Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…