Windows 7 tweaks on windows XP?

herc182 18 Aug 11
Answered

This is the third time I have tried to post this (problem with the forum?!)

Work pc has windows xp but I would love to have the window side by side compare feature in windows 7. I need to compare docs a lot and so this would save time!

Any idea of tweaks I can install?

thanks

Zak 18 Aug 11

Just open two instances of the docs program and re-size the individual windows and drag to required positions. Not as quick/convenient as Snap in Win7 but still does the job. I use this method for both Word and Excel docs.

herc182 19 Aug 11

Zak

I like the convenience of Aquasnap. Very efficient and amazing how much I have actually come to expect it from each PC I use! The method you summarised is what I already use and am aware of.

Lazarus

Thanks. What I failed to remember is that the work PC's are locked down tighter than a ducks a*se on a frozen pond. So unfortunately I am stuck with what I have (i.e. nothing!)

thank you

herc182 19 Aug 11

tell a lie, it worked the second time.

THANK YOU Lazarus!

difarn 27 Aug 11

Hi - what would be even more useful is a second monitor.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message