Windows 7 System Restore Failure

heolterrell 04 Aug 11

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and have an issue with System Restore in that ia m unable to creste a restore point, or any other program that wants to make a restore point before installing is unable to do so. There is a System Image Restore Point Back Up dated 01/02/11, which i am unable to access. I receive an error message:-

"The selected Back Up could not be found. System Restore is looking for a restore point that is on your back up. Choose a different restore point."

I do not have any other restore points, is it possible that this restore point is causing the problem with System Restore

mgmcc 04 Aug 11

As System Restore is messed up, disable it, which will delete all existing restore points, reboot and then enable it again to see if it performs correctly.

heolterrell 04 Aug 11

Very good idea, already tried and failed. Thanks

ams4127 04 Aug 11

Disable your antivirus and try again. Re enable antivirus.

T0SH 05 Aug 11

It is often worth trying system restore from safe mode

Cheers HC

heolterrell 05 Aug 11

Many thanks for eveybodies help and suggestions,i carried out all the relevant tests mentioned with no success. So i opted to re-install Windows, taking the upgrade option. Everything now is working fine. Thanks again.

Lindburgh 08 Aug 11

Did you create the System restore through SYSTEM in Control Pane?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message