Windows 7 System Restore Failure

heolterrell 10:38 AM 04 Aug 11

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and have an issue with System Restore in that ia m unable to creste a restore point, or any other program that wants to make a restore point before installing is unable to do so. There is a System Image Restore Point Back Up dated 01/02/11, which i am unable to access. I receive an error message:-

"The selected Back Up could not be found. System Restore is looking for a restore point that is on your back up. Choose a different restore point."

I do not have any other restore points, is it possible that this restore point is causing the problem with System Restore

mgmcc 11:34 AM 04 Aug 11

As System Restore is messed up, disable it, which will delete all existing restore points, reboot and then enable it again to see if it performs correctly.

heolterrell 12:21 PM 04 Aug 11

Very good idea, already tried and failed. Thanks

ams4127 19:39 PM 04 Aug 11

Disable your antivirus and try again. Re enable antivirus.

T0SH 12:30 PM 05 Aug 11

It is often worth trying system restore from safe mode

Cheers HC

heolterrell 15:18 PM 05 Aug 11

Many thanks for eveybodies help and suggestions,i carried out all the relevant tests mentioned with no success. So i opted to re-install Windows, taking the upgrade option. Everything now is working fine. Thanks again.

Lindburgh 16:18 PM 08 Aug 11

Did you create the System restore through SYSTEM in Control Pane?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…