windows 7 search index not working

mcds01 17:48 22 Mar 11

hi,

after searching for some files and getting no results I had a little dig around my search options. I saw that the search index had indexed a grand total of 1000 items despite me knowing there are many more in the folders selected to be indexed.

I selected to rebuild the index. It now says indexing completed with only 13 items indexed!!

any ideas?

Graphicool1 10:21 19 Apr 11

(1) Are you using 'McAfee'? It has a known comptibility problem with Windows 7. If you are, try removing ~ not just disabling ~ it. Then rebuild the Index.

&/Or

(2) Uncheck the attribute 'Folder is ready for archiving' in Advanced properties and attributes for files and folders (select from the right window of windows explorer NOT the folder tree). You must apply to all folders and subfolders. All files to be indexed again.

Click Here for location of above suggestions and maybe more possible solutions.

Graphicool1 11:00 20 Apr 11

Feed back please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…