Windows 7 screen size magnifies after being left inactive for 30 mins

seadog 184 18:40 PM 28 Feb 12

After a short period on non use (30 MINS) I awake the computer but the screen is magnified and I can only resolve this by doing a restart. Is there any way I can stop this happening?

johndrew 12:06 PM 29 Feb 12

Have you changed any of the settings in 'Control Panel/Ease of Access Centre'? If so the magnifier could be starting from there.

chub_tor 12:39 PM 29 Feb 12

This is the only other instance I can find I would disagree with the comment about the BIOS update but it might be worth up-dating your graphics driver to see if that helps.

Woolwell 12:41 PM 29 Feb 12

By magnified I think that you may mean that it comes back at the wrong resolution. Instead of restarting have you tried right clicking on the desktop and checking the screen resolution?

The problem may be caused by your graphics drivers and you could check if there is an update available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11