Windows 7 Repair.

ol blueeyes 15:40 PM 16 Jul 09

Has anyone had a problem with Windows 7 repair ? It never seems to repair I've had to reinstall a couple of times.

BurrWalnut 19:21 PM 16 Jul 09

If you mean the Startup Repair, it's possible you don't have a startup problem.

To summarise, the repair options of Win 7 are Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Memory Diagnostics and Command Prompt.

Strawballs 00:58 AM 17 Jul 09

The only thing I can't get to work on Win7 is the screen saver but uswe the scrolling background instead.

ol blueeyes 10:32 AM 17 Jul 09

Actually on one occaison I was told I had a Startup problem but it still didn't work.

ambra4 06:17 AM 27 Jul 09

How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7

click here

ol blueeyes 10:45 AM 27 Jul 09

Thanks, but I do know how to start and perform system repair. I found that the problem always occured after Updates were Downloaded and Installed. But it seems to have settled down now. I hope that I don't get this problem in October. Also I think I had a problem with Boot Manager so I sorted that as well.

ol blueeyes 20:59 PM 21 Aug 09

Well this problem kept on cropping up and I reinstalled Windows 7 many times. After running Windows Start Up Repair many times even that gave up the ghost and just shut the Comouter Down. So I did what I have done on one previous occaison when I had a problem on XP>
I installed Linux run that for about a week, then installed Windows 7 and since have not had a proble.

ztronicsalien 08:10 AM 01 Sep 09

Majority of geeks still have not come face to face with Windows 7 and you have already started talking about its repair! Well, the problem you are suggesting could be due the hardware so please don't blame it on Windows 7 straight way. Let some expert do the job on your PC and I hope you will be sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11