Windows 7 and PIXMA MP610 Series printer

BobbyLaird 21:51 28 Dec 09

I have just updated to W7 and am struggling to use the above printer. My inks are fine, the connections are fine, but every time I try and print the test page it emerges black and white. I've tried entering both cd's for initial registration without success. The amount of websites offering help is a bit confusing for an amateur like me. Would appreciate a guiding hand.

Regards

AlanHo 22:37 28 Dec 09

Download the Windows 7 driver update from the canon site.

click here

chub_tor 16:52 29 Dec 09

I don't know which version of Win 7 that you have but my MP610 works perfectly with Win 7 32 bit Home Premium. Mind you I do have the drivers from the link sent by AlanHo.

kindly 20:32 29 Dec 09

I have today just got a windows 7 computer. It is the 64bit version. I also have the same printer so I just loaded my discs in from the XP setup and they worked fine.
You can go to the Canon site and download others if you wish. If I were you I would just unistal what you done and try again after restarting the computer.
If that fails go to the canon site and download.

john bunyan 17:07 31 Dec 09

I now have a Canon MP640 and W7 64 bit. Had to download W7 64 bit drivers from Canon(amazing not included on CD for a new model)and found via Adobe that for Photoshop CS4 at least, the Twain scanning interface does not work in 64bit (only WIA), so I scan in CS4 32bit then work on images in CS4 646bit.

kindly 12:23 24 Jan 10

I have just found that Adobe do not have a flash player capable of running in 64 bit yet. I dont know when they will. They do seem to be behind on things like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…