Windows 7 and Packard Bell Store & Save

yiddo1971 12:10 12 Mar 10

Hi All

I have recently upgraded from windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home premium, however my Packard Bell Store and Save is not accessible since the upgrade, although the device manager recognises it I am unable to review any of the items based on it, can anybody offer any advice, I have contacted Packard Bell and got the following response:

Hello, Thank you for contacting Packard Bell.

Regarding your enquiry,

These products were discontinued prior to the development of Windows 7. We are unable to support any issues that may arise when using with an unsupported operating system.

Regards

Steve
Packard Bell UK Customer Services Team

Pineman100 17:53 20 Mar 10

The Store and Save is an external USB drive, right?

Well, for a start I wouldn't accept that brush-off from PB. When they sold you the drive, did they tell you that it might not work with future versions of Windows? I would go back to them and say that you bought the drive in good faith and that the operating system limitations were not made known to you at the time of purchase. You therefore expect some support guidance with your problem.

However, in the meantime, have you tried having a look in Disk Management, to see whether the drive is recognised? Click Start, right-click on Computer, then left-click on Manage. Now click on Disk Management. Is your external drive listed and shown as Healthy and Active? If so, is it a Primary Partition? Is it formatted FAT32 or NTFS?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now