windows 7 and outlook 2010

Old Geeza 13:40 PM 10 Sep 11

I have installed MS Office 2010 on a new windows 7 laptop and set up outlook using the same info as on my old xp pc, I seem to be able to send emails but am not receiving them. I have also set up outlook connector for my hotmail account and this is working fine. Any ideas why please

Forum Editor 18:44 PM 10 Sep 11

When you set up mail accounts in Outlook 2010 it will try to send and receive a test mail automatically - presumably the receive part of the test failed?

If that's the case, you have almost certainly made an error when entering the server details in Outlook - did you select the option to authenticate on the inbound (POP) server?

Old Geeza 11:24 AM 11 Sep 11

def no error in entered server details, basic POP3 address and SMTP address, it gives a green tick when send and receive is done, so cant see a problem there

Old Geeza 18:41 PM 12 Sep 11

any other ideas anybody?

Zak 21:57 PM 12 Sep 11

Have you tried creating another account with the same pop 3 and smtp details and see if that works? If yes then you can delete original account.

Also have you configures outlook to leave messages on the server? this can cause download of emails problem.

Forum Editor 00:27 AM 13 Sep 11

"it gives a green tick when send and receive is done, so cant see a problem there"

What happens when you try to send an email to yourself?

Old Geeza 17:19 PM 13 Sep 11

If I send and email to myself,it appears on my desktop pc, but not on the lappy, I have deleted and reinstalled outlook a few times making sure the details are correct, it has got me stumped.

Old Geeza 18:33 PM 13 Sep 11

Well without any further intervention by me it has suddenly decided to play??????

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…