windows 7 laptop with xp mode

new214 15:33 15 May 10

Does anyone know where I could purchase a reasonably priced windows 7 professional "laptop" that has the capability of using xp mode?

I just cant seem to find a suitable laptop which has windows 7 pro or virtualisation technology ... I have found many links on which processors support virtualisation but not laptops as a whole???

ame 19:10 16 May 10

I thought all processors can now run XP mode.

ame 19:16 16 May 10

Oops- forgot click here link

Technocrate 09:07 19 May 10

Things to consider while enabling Windows 7 XP Mode:
1. In order to utilize this tool you are require to have following hardware on your machine.
? Processor: Processor capable of hardware virtualization, with AMD-V™ or Intel® VT turned on in the BIOS.
?Memory: 2GB of memory recommended.
? Hard disk requirement: 20MB hard disk space for installing Windows Virtual PC. Additional 15GB of hard disk space per virtual Windows environment recommended.
2. Enable hardware virtualization in BIOS.
3. Next, you’ll need to install two software packages on your PC:
?Install the Windows Virtual PC , which is the virtualization software that powers “XP Mode”.
?Install the Windows XP Mode, which is a specially crafted XP virtual machine.
4. Once you’ve completed those steps and restarted your computer, run the Virtual Windows XP item in the start menu, add in a password and make sure to choose to remember the credentials if you want the integration features to work smoothly.
5. Once the wizard is complete, you will see a dialog that sets up XP for use.
6. Install your applications in Windows XP.
7. Once your applications are installed and shortcuts are in the All Users start menu, they will show up in the Windows 7 start menu under the Windows Virtual PC -> Virtual Windows XP Applications folder.

for more information and help related to windows 7 issues click here

ame 15:15 19 May 10

Is the website you've linked to not out of date regarding hardware visualisation? Refer to my thread earlier this year click here and the link to a PC pro news article I gave in the first post of it.

Jwbjnwolf 11:08 21 May 10

Have you Got the xp mode yet?
If so does it work exactly like a proper xp system?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…