Windows 7 laptop brightness stuck on minimum

livewire 22:55 PM 25 Oct 09

I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 and am able to use the brightness keys most of the time on both battery and power but as soon as I close the lid and open it the brightness is always stuck on minimum. This also happens if I resume from sleep or hibernate.

If I resume from hibernate I can adjust the brightness whilst windows resumes from sleep perfectly fine but as soon as the desktop appears it jumps straight down to minimum and the brightness cant be adjusted.

In control panel all options for brightness simply disappear.

I am thinking this is a driver problem so tried updating my Intel 945g Chipset drivers, and the latest graphics drivers for my Radeon X1600 but neither have solved the problem.

The laptop is an Evesham Mitac 8258D. Could there be any other drivers which need updating?

Thanks for any help :)

morddwyd 08:31 AM 26 Oct 09

Go to Control Panel, Power Options, click on "Change Plan Settings" for the selected plan, "Adjust Plan Brightness" is at the bottom.

livewire 12:21 PM 26 Oct 09

Hi,

Thanks for that. However I whilst I can use the slider when the screen hasn't been closed as soon as I close the lid and open it the screen goes dim and that bar disappears.

:(

tarren 18:56 PM 15 Nov 09

livewire see my post above, it may be of some help.

ambra4 00:25 AM 16 Nov 09
  tarren 05:42 AM 16 Nov 09

Thanks ambra.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED