Windows 7 and iP4000R Printer

Caskstrength60 11:41 AM 05 Dec 09

I've got a problem between windows 7 and my Canon iP4000R printer . This occurs on both my laptop and main computer , i can't get the printer to work on the wireless connection only the wired lan and i keep loosing the printer whenever the computers are switched off , having to re-install whenever i want to print anything . I've tried contacting Canon but just keep getting standard replies .
Anyone else had this problem ? Any help would be appreciated !

ambra4 13:49 PM 05 Dec 09

Have you check the canon site for the latest drivers for the PIXMA iP4000R

click here

Caskstrength60 15:41 PM 05 Dec 09

yes i did but if you look on there they don't actually put the drivers up , they come with Windows 7 , the drivers load it's just that when you shut down then reopen a computer it comes up as if the Printer is off line and you need to re-install it to get it to work .

ambra4 19:33 PM 05 Dec 09

Try with the printer switch on before you turn on the computer

Caskstrength60 19:43 PM 05 Dec 09

The printer is on all the time (barring when we go away for more than a couple of days).

BBCox 04:50 AM 11 Feb 11

Anyone have any further ideas?

The Canon people try to be helpful, but they are frustrating because they ask for a million details then send you something other than what you asked for...

jakimo 14:22 PM 20 Feb 11

Have you tried this Vista add-on driver file, it may work,if not install the printer software,and let Microsoft load a generic driver

click here-(Windows-Vista-Vista64)_122.shtml

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…