Windows 7 - Incredimail

JohnC123 15:07 PM 10 Sep 11

I have recently bought a new Dell Inspiron Laptop loaded with Windows 7. It did not come with Internet Explorer so I downloaded IE9 and installed it. Now, whenever I click the IE icon, the program comes up with :- http://mystart.incredimail,com/mb59?n followed by a string of numbers. Firstly - how can I get rid of Incredimail completely ? I tried to delete it but it keeps coming back; and secondly, how to make a real shortcut to IE 9 ?

Graphicool1 21:52 PM 16 Sep 11

Re Incredimail, don't delete it, go into 'Add or Remove Programs' and uninstall it.

Graphicool1 22:04 PM 16 Sep 11

As for My Start, the reason it opens with that is because when you first installed Incredimail you didn't untick the box that allowed it to make My Start IE's Home Page.

Open IE9 Click the 'Tools' tab At the bottom of the pop-up click 'Internet Options' Under the heading 'Home Page' you'll see My Start. Highlight it, right Click it, and Click 'Delete' If you Click one of the three buttons beneath that box ie 'Use Blank' Next time you click on the IE9 icon your home page will be blank, as is mine. In other words whatever address you type in that box will be your home page, until you change it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites