windows 7 has over written xp boot (help needed please)

spudorange 11:43 29 Dec 14

I have 1 disk running windows 7 and 2 others running xp (all bootable)

I had a problem with windows 7 and using install disk tried a repair, despite selecting the correct disk it seems to have put a bootloader on the other (XP) disks so when booting from one of those it locks at boot asking for windows 7 loader or similar.

I reinstated by boot.ini (detailed below) and disconnected everything except main xp disk, however something is calling for windows 7 on boot.

[boot loader] timeout=1 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Is there another loader somewhere please?

thanks

northumbria61 12:20 29 Dec 14

Anything here to help? Boot Manager I am clutching at straws here but try a disk repair with the other 2 disks disconnected.

Number six 22:51 29 Dec 14

If you still have an XP installation CD, you may be able to boot from this and use the recovery console to repair the boot files.

boot repair

beeuuem 23:18 29 Dec 14

EasyBCD allows you to manage the boot options. click here Use version 1.7 as that is free to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…