Windows 7 Bios settings-booting from USB

468959 18:43 26 Jan 15

My Windows 7 laptop is working correctly. It's BIOS, which I can get through F2 when booting, is configured to boot first from the CD drive, and next from the laptops hard drive. I want to know if there may be a way to change the BIOS settings so that I can boot from USB. I have created a USB windows 7 installer, and want to use it to boot a different laptop, which has only USB. I want to check if the USB installer on this laptop and will need to change BIOS settings so USB gets on the Boot sequence. I have taken photos of the BIOS screen concerned and wonder if anyone can help me

chub_tor 18:51 26 Jan 15

The majority of BIOS are the same so this guide may help you Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:59 26 Jan 15

pressing f10 or f12 at boot may give you an boot option from which you can then choose USB.

468959 12:22 27 Jan 15

Dear Chub_tor; Hello I have looked at the article you have suggested. I have made a screenshot of the BIOS in that article and a picture of my laptops BIOS. The latter which has windows 7, does not show any item under boot order which can be interpreted as USB. Can I show you the pictures? Thanks;

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 27 Jan 15

you wil need to host the pictures on a site such as click here the copy and paste the link produce into this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017