Windows 7 Back Up

Pine Man 10:02 AM 09 Nov 09

I am running W7 32bit Home Premium.

For some time now I have been using Acronis True Image 2009 and it always seems to work ok with W7 as far as making back ups and validating them goes BUT when I tried to do a restore it wouldn't work. I think there might be compatibility problems at the moment according to their forum.

Has anybody tried the W7 back up facility which also makes an image like Acronis?

anskyber 10:12 AM 09 Nov 09

I ended up upgrading to Acronis 2010 which is the only version stated to be W7 compatible.

Pine Man 11:27 AM 09 Nov 09

Thanks for that. I suspect that I might have to bite the bullet as well.

I just wondered what W7 back up was like but if nobody has tried it yet maybe I'll carry our a couple of tests.

sunnystaines 11:49 AM 09 Nov 09

i use the w7 to back up the c drive but never done a restore yet, read on other forums that it works ok

Pine Man 12:03 PM 09 Nov 09

Thanks for that. I believe it backs up an 'image' like Acronis.

sunnystaines 13:29 PM 09 Nov 09

click here[2]=Backup Restore

this article will show you how to back up and has a link to show you how to restore

john bunyan 13:48 PM 09 Nov 09

Waiting to receive ATI 2010 before installing W7 as earlier versions dont work with w7

Pine Man 13:57 PM 09 Nov 09

Having done a bit of research I have downloaded and installed Acronis True Image 2010.

I have used every version so far and, apart from trying the older version with W7, it has never let me down.

Many thanks for your input.

sunnystaines 14:14 PM 09 Nov 09

does ATI supply a boot disc, I have not used it before.

Pine Man 14:41 PM 09 Nov 09

Depends a lot on how you buy it.

If you get it retail with a disc then you can use that disc to boot your system and restore back ups.

I download mine from their web site and install it then have the option of preparing a bootable disc for restoration purposes etc.

It really is an excellent bit of software.

sunnystaines 16:37 PM 09 Nov 09

thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites