windows 7

Teaboy 17:56 PM 25 Jun 09

Am I right? Is MS selling windows 7 in the EU with no upgrade version being available. That is if you want it you must buy the full version! along with all the hustle of a complete reinstall!

They have got to be jesting.

Forum Editor 18:12 PM 25 Jun 09

from Speakers Corner to the Windows 7 forum.

OTT_Buzzard 19:49 PM 25 Jun 09

click here

I found the article a bit confusing, but seems to say that although no upgrade version will be available, the full version in Europe will be priced the same as an upgrade upgrade anyway (£79.99 for Home Premium). This seems to be a far better deal than for Vista / XP.

iscanut2 21:20 PM 25 Jun 09

I am confused..if no upgrade version available to EU users, how will I move from XP and/or Vists. Will the full version just install over any older version ?

Teaboy 17:08 PM 26 Jun 09

iscanut

I don't think that it will be possible to install on top of existing OS. If it were that would be an upgrade! I can only see a full installation job being possible.

audeal 21:09 PM 11 Jul 09

iscanut: Maybe when installing W7 you will be given the option to format the drive and then install automatically.

AlanHo 21:23 PM 11 Jul 09

The problem is not of Microsoft's making. Our idiotic Eurocrats will not let them sell Windows 7 with Internet Explorer included. Hence MS have had to strip IE from Windows 7 for the Europe market - they call it Windows 7E.

MS have yet to find a reliable way of installing Windows 7 on top of XP or Vista as an upgrade that removes Internet Explorer. Hence the need for a clean install.

In any event - it is always wise when changing from one OS to another - to reformat and start with a nice clean system

GaT7 00:38 AM 12 Jul 09

One can use the disc supplied with the offer to do an upgrade - see PCA's own article & experience regarding this click here, & this needs a prior installation Vista - i.e. the same with Win7's upgrade-only version.

If you have XP or prior OSes, one can perform a fresh install only - again, the same with Win7's upgrade-only version. G

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…