Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit

Jozmil 13:58 29 Jan 15

I recently bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and want to install the 64 bit version. I was running vista 32 bit and i backed up all that i needed. I did check that my system was 64 bit compatable.

I have tried installing 3 times now, a clean install even formatting the drive, but at no point do i get the option for 32 or 64 bit. I just installs the 32 bit version.

lotvic 18:23 29 Jan 15

The 64 bit will be on a separate DVD. You should have got 2 DVDs if you bought a retail W7 version.

Did you just get one DVD - an upgrade from Vista 32bit to W7 DVD?

You could try downloading the W7 64bit .iso and burn your own DVD from the link on Heidoc.net - they are the official MS download links ClickHere scroll down the page to the English(USA) SP1 U versions. The x64 is the 64bit and the x86 is the 32bit.

Jozmil 10:30 30 Jan 15

That explains it, i only got the upgrade from Vista. I just assumed the 64 bit version would be on the same disk.

dr.gami 14:08 01 Feb 15

try to download this and burn.. click here this is 100 percent sure that have an option of 32bit and 64bit of windows 7 try ah clean format

chub_tor 14:58 01 Feb 15

You can also download the 64bit version from here but beware you cannot just switch from 32bit to 64 bit. You will lose everything as a format will be performed. Make sure that you back up everything and that you have the programme disks for those programmes you wish to re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5